Daniel Cloward, DMD, MSD, MPH
Working as an orthodontist is very rewarding and exciting. I feel fortunate and grateful for the opportunity to associate with such great patients and a wonderful staff. The best part of my “job” is seeing the transformation of each patient’s smile and, with that, seeing how the change improves the person’s self-esteem and confidence!
I was drawn to orthodontics as a way to help others. Our smiles, and how we feel about them, can affect our self-worth and how we interact with others, personally and professionally. I design each patient’s treatment plan to give them a smile they love: a smile that’s beautifully confident, healthy, and will last a lifetime.
- Bachelor of Science in Sociology, Brigham Young University
- Master of Public Health (MPH), University of Louisville
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine (DMD), University of Louisville
- Specialty Certificate in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Saint Louis University
- Master of Science in Dentistry (MSD), Saint Louis University
One of the most exciting aspects of orthodontics is the constant advancements in techniques and technology. Ongoing research leads to new diagnostic options, approaches to treatment planning, and methodologies. All of these can change how I practice and what patients experience.
Through continuing education – attending meetings and conferences, participating in study clubs, and reading the latest journals – I stay current on the newest information. This ensures I am utilizing the best tools and techniques that lead to the best patient experiences and finished smiles.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Arizona Orthodontic Study Group
Beyond the Practice
Heather, my wife, and I live near Phoenix with our five amazing (and active) children: Tyler, Tessa, Olivia, Jayden, and Carter. If I’m not in the office, I’m usually found with my family, supporting the kids’ many school and extracurricular interests, along with church and community activities. I also enjoy following sports and love hiking, especially in the Grand Canyon.